TERMS & CONDITIONS
SLINGSHOT RENTAL RULES
We require all of our customers to meet the following general requirements:
- You must have a current, valid U.S. or State or International drivers license.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must demonstrate adequate riding skills. A pre ride evaluation will be conducted to verify you are skilled in the operation of the slingshot/kart.
- You must agree not to allow anyone other than yourself or other authorized renters under your rental agreement to operate your rental slingshot/kart.
- You must agree not to perform stunts of any kind on your rental kart/autocycle including but not limited to, drifting or burnouts.
- You must agree not to drive or use rental vehicle on any gravel, dirt, mud, lava or off-road.
- We reserve the right to terminate your rental agreement and retake possession of the slingshot/kart in response to a violation of any of the foregoing.
We require all of our customers to meet the following insurance requirements:
- Slingshot/Kart insurance is required and provided.
- You are responsible for all damage or loss you cause to the Vehicle and to others. The policy covers liability coverage for bodily injury $20,000/ $40,000 and property damage $10,000 to third parties. The deductible on the policy is $2,500. Any insurance we are required to provide is excess to any other valid and collectible insurance whether primary, secondary, excess or contingent. The Policy contains exclusions, conditions, and limitations applicable to anyone claiming coverage.
- If for any reason our slingshot/kart gets damaged the amount needed for the repair will be deducted out of your security deposit.
- All coverage and waivers are subject to the terms and conditions of the rental contract and do not include coverage for property, personal or otherwise, or damage as a result of negligence on the part of the renter or passenger for any illegal use of the motorcycle or its use under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you are ill, or sick, or on any prescription or over the counter medication you cannot operate our slingshot/kart.
- Keep in mind you are responsible for the operation of your rental slingshot/kart.
- Reservations are dependent on slingshot/kart's availability.
- Reservations are accepted via the web page reservation system powered by Peek and by telephone.
- Slingshot/Kart will be held for 25 minutes beyond the scheduled reservation time, after that we may charge re-delivery fee. If you’re running late please call us!
- A security deposit of $2500.00 will be applied to your credit card at time of rental. The renter will need to provide a valid credit card for the security deposit. We hold this deposit as an authorization hold on your credit card, it is not a charge.
- Our Slingshot/Kart's have no mileage restrictions.
- Maui Kart reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- A reservation may be cancelled up to 15 or more days prior to the pick-up date with no charge. 25% of the total booking will be applied towards cancellation fee if the booking is cancelled between 15 - 6 days from the pick-up time. 50% of the booking will be applied towards cancellation fee if the booking is cancelled within 5 days from pickup time or if the customer does not show up.
- Refunds, if applicable, will be issued back to the credit card that was used to book a reservation or in a form of a store credit that can be redeemed within 1 year from the date it was issued.
- There are no refunds for undesirable weather but we will reschedule you and make certain your new reservation is first in queue. 48 Hours advance notice is required to request for a booking to be moved to a different date. This is limited to availability and excludes major holidays and events.
- If you or a loved one is unable to make their reservation due to a death, birth, or other emergency situation, please let us know and we will make sure you are taken care of during your time of loss.
Rental Late Returns:
- If the vehicle is not returned at the agreed upon time, the renter will be charged an additional $95.00 per hour for each hour that he/she return the vehicle late. Renter will be allowed a 15 minutes grace period before the late fee is put into effect.
- The renter agrees to and is required to leave a refundable security deposit of $2500.00 with MAUI KART. A security deposit will be applied to your credit card 24 hours before delivery/check-in or at time of rental. We hold this deposit as an authorization hold on your credit card, it is not a charge. This deposit to be used, in the event of loss or damage to the vehicle or equipment during the term of the agreement, towards covering any deductible on the renter’s insurance and loss of rental income while vehicle is under repair. All damages are to be processed under renter’s insurance. Any excess security shall be returned to the renter. Renter does not have any claim to damaged property either through MAUI KART or through an insurance claim. All parts are the property of MAUI KART.
Renters Obligations and Responsibility:
- The renter shall ensure that: (a) all reasonable care is taken when driving and parking the vehicle; (b) safe usage and storage of vehicle in any and all weather conditions; (c) the tires are maintained at their proper pressure; (d) the vehicle is locked and secure at all times when it is not in use; (e) the gps, radio and speedometer are not interfered with; (f) no part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension systems are interfered with; (g) only 91 or higher octane “Premium” fuel is put into the vehicle; (h) should a warning light be illuminated or the renter believes the vehicle requires mechanical attention, he/she stops driving and advises the operator immediately; (i) he/she show up 15 minutes before rental begins for check-in and orientation.
- Renter is responsible for the safe storage of this vehicle in any and all weather conditions while the vehicle is in your care. If renter does not have a garage, it is strongly suggested renter take the cover for the vehicle in case of inclement weather to protect their deposit. If renter refuses cover or does not use cover and the vehicle suffers weather damage the renter is responsible for said damage.
- The Vehicle shall not be operated or used: (a) by anyone under the influence of prescription or non-prescription drugs or alcohol; (b) by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, or by anyone whose driver’s or other operator’s license is suspended in any jurisdiction; (c) by anyone who obtained the Motorcycle or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information; (d) in any race, speed test, contest, reckless driving or showcase a burnouts/donuts; (e) to carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal materiel; (f) on unpaved or gravel surfaces; (g) when the Vehicle's fluid levels are low, or it is otherwise reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the Vehicle; or, operation would damage the Vehicle; or, (h) after an accident with the Vehicle unless and until you summon the police to the accident scene.
Vehicle Substitution and Booking Cancellation:
- Please be aware that car accidents, breakdowns, or other disruptive events can happen at any time. We reserves the right to substitute the vehicle confirmed to a rental client. We will always do our best to ensure you are in a vehicle of equal or greater value when available. In case the vehicle not available at moment of check-in we may cancel booking and fully refund client or reschedule delivery/pick-up time.
- MAUI KART does not sell, share, distribute, give away, or transmit customer information to third parties. Except to process payment of rental or insurance, during no other time does MAUI KART share your information with a third party.
Helmets and Eye Protection:
- Helmets are offered and recommended as part of this Rental Agreement. Clients are encouraged to bring their own helmets for comfort and style. Hawaii state law does not require helmets for driver and passengers over the age of 18. For your own safety we suggest to wear a helmet, both driver and passenger. We do not provide any glasses, goggles or eye protection. You are fully responsible for yourself and your passenger eyes.
- Every client will receive orientation to the vehicle. After we complete the delivery / check-in, you will be provided a comprehensive orientation of the rental vehicle. The orientation will include, damage and safety inspection, instruction on the operation of the vehicle features and safety.
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover. Major credit card is required at the time of rental pick-up. Debit cards are may be used for payment but not as a criteria for renting. We are not responsible for any overdraft fees incurred.
- We do not accept any form of Check.
Our Business Hours:
- We are open 7 days a week.
- WE DO NOT KEEP REGULAR DESK HOURS, Call us or email us, we’ll get back to you fairly quickly. Phone number 808-202-9226 (txt ok) Email: email@example.com
- Reservations can be made anytime using our website.
Delivery, Pick-up and Drop-off:
- We offer a free concierge service for delivery and pick up to to ALL areas in Wailea, Kihei and Makena. For an extra fee we offer airport pickups and drop-offs (up to 1 passenger) contact us for more details.
- Upon the arrangement, renter may pick up or drop off the slingshot/kart at disclosed location.
Slingshot/Kart Operational Policies:
- Before you get in the slingshot/kart, we will show you the basic operations of the vehicle.
- Your rental will be provided with a full tank of PREMIUM fuel.
- Please report any mechanical problems to us immediately.
- Customers may be held responsible for mechanical damage by not adhering to inspecting the kart before you ride it. If it has a flat or leak do not ride it. Treat the slingshot/kart like you are riding your own.
- The 3-wheel slingshot/kart is not allowed on gravel,dirt,mud sand or lava roads.
- Lost key is $75.00.
- Excessive tire wear from misuse will result in you being charged for a replacement tire plus installation.
- If you get a ticket you are responsible for it. Should you not handle it in a timely manner MAUI KART will add a $75.00 processing fee.
- Flat tires are not covered.
- Towing is not covered.
A KART OR A 3-WHEEL KART IS REFEREED TO AS A POLARIS SLINGSHOT® THAT IT IS A THREE-WHEELED MOTORCYCLE. IT IS NOT AN AUTOMOBILE AND DOES NOT MEET AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY STANDARDS. DRIVERS SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR HELMETS AND SEAT BELTS.
MAUI KART IS A TRADE NAME OF SLINGSHOT RENTALS AND TOURS LLC.
LEGAL MATTERS ARE ADDRESSED TO LEGAL@MAUIKART.COM